What in The World is Acid and Alkaline Body Chemistry?

Acidic and alkaline body chemistry refer to the pH, or potential hydrogen, balance within the body. If we have the optimal acid/alkaline balance, we have blood chemistry balance, or homeostasis.

This subject can be confusing, but it is an important one to try to understand, so I will do my best to explain it to you in a way that can be easily understood.

Have you ever wondered why certain environments attract different things? A field of flowers attracts beautiful butterflies and bees, while a swamp attracts mosquitoes and other insects. Well that is because one environment is alkaline, while the latter is acidic.

Science has found that organisms that carry disease, such as mosquitos, prefer an acidic environment. It is easiest to think of it this way: acidic attracts disease, while alkaline protects health.

Our body acidity or alkalinity predicts our environment. Just like a swamp or a field of fressh flowers it can either harbor disease or flourish. Although it is debatable, many experts believe that disease cannot live in an alkaline environment, yet it thrives and grows in an acidic environment.

Again, it is debatable, but I do believe that your body functions best when it is in an alkaline state because until two years ago, I was someone who used to be out of shape and overweight. I was not following a healthy natural diet and I was not exercising. I felt awful and got sick all the time.

I got the flu or the common cold six to ten times a year. I was depressed and had little to no energy. Since discovering the difference between alkaline and acid body chemistry I have made an active effort to make my body healthier and more alkaline.

Since then I rarely have gotten sick, I have more energy, and have had more tolerance to exercise. Most importantly I have been able to maintain the proper body weight, which is something I have always battled with.

Well how did I get my body more alkaline? I ate more organic fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I made sure that I cut down on the acidic influences in my diet: red meat, dairy products, pasta sauce, coffee, alcohol, processed foods (fast food), deep fried foods, and chemical pollutants (pesticides, hormones etc.).

If you would like to find out your body's acid/alkaline chemistry go to your local health food store. They should have pH test strips you can buy that test your saliva. They are cheap, easy, accurate, and the roles of the strips allow you to test yourself many times. I test myself once a month or so.

If your body is acidic and you would like to try to make it more alkaline to see if you notice a difference in your overall health, you should maintain a dietary ratio of 75% alkaline to 25% acidic, this is what worked for me. Also exercise, or sweat a lot, this is your body's natural way of getting rid of toxic chemicals and pollutants that can make your body acidic.

It should also be noted that one way the body naturally protects against really high acidic levels is by using calcium as a natural buffer. If your body is highly acidic and you are not getting enough calcium through your diet or supplements your body will naturally pull calcium from your teeth, bones, to buffer the acidity. This is not good because it can make your bones and teeth brittle.

Some people's bodies are naturally more acidic or alkaline than others. You may or may not be able to get away with eating more acidic foods than other people. Always remember that everybody is different and you need to be as educated as you can on YOUR body and what makes YOU feel good and healthy.

Pay attention to how often you get sick in relation to certain foods, or toxins you are putting into your body. Make an active effort to test yourself and put good healthy food and supplements into your body, you will feel healthier.

Brue M. Baker, is an expert on natural health and fitness who has helped people from all across the country sky-rocket their health and well-being. Rather than hitting your head against a wall trying every nutrition product out there, let Brue introduce you to what he has found to be the best natural health products on the planet. Visit DynamicHealthTips.com for all the details.


Source: http://www.classicarticles.com/Article/What-in-The-World-is-Acid-and-Alkaline-Body-Chemistry-/19367

No comments: